The doctoral student corner at ICIS 2019 is a dedicated space for doctoral students attending the conference where they can gain access to the ICIS experience and connect with others in the field. This space will be available throughout the conference and gives doctoral students the possibility to network between conference events – or just relax. This ancillary event will be free, and we encourage doctoral students of all levels to register for it when registering for the ICIS 2019.
In case you forgot to include the Doctoral Student Corner ancillary event when you registered for the conference, you can still modify your registration by following the steps below:
- Sign in to https://aisnet.org and then visit https://icis2019.aisconferences.org/register/
- Click “Register Now!”
- Click “Register” and then “Modify an Existing Reservation”
- Select the “Attendee Selections” tab
- Scroll to “Sunday, December 15, 2019” and select “Doctoral Student Corner”
- Click “Save & Proceed to Checkout”
Be sure to stop by the corner to say Servus (Bavarian for “Hello”) once you’re in Munich!
The designated doctoral corner provides a space for the students to relax throughout the conference. For those students who are more eager to participate, there are also three activities throughout the ICIS 2019:
- Networking events with faculty and fellow students during conference refreshment breaks
- Trivia Bingo and Schnitzeljagd (a type of scavenger hunt) with prizes
- Buddy system program
If you are a student who is interested in the “buddy system” program, please respond to the survey request emailed to registered students a week or two before the conference starts. For each survey responder, two student buddies will be assigned in advance. These buddy groups, consisting of fellow doctoral students, will help seed additional networking connections and provide new associates to get to know during conference receptions and meals. Apart from that, we will also be offering a WhatsApp chat group for all students attending the conference to share information. A link to the group will be provided soon.